New London, Conn. – Ross Rubin (Annadale, Va.) churned out an eighth place finish to lead the Dean College men's cross country team to a third place finish at the Mitchell College Invitational at the Mitchell Woods on Saturday morning.
Johnson & Wales had three of the top six finishers to claim the team title, while Saint Joseph's David Kavanugh took home the individual crown.
Rubin finished the 5K layout in 18:10.8, giving the senior his fifth career top ten performance.
- Robert Shelley (Brockton, Mass.) finished in 12th place (19:16.5).
- Matt Alport (Glen Rock, N.J.) completed the course in 13th place (19:23.8).
- Cameron Barnes (East Patchogue, N.Y.) notched a 22nd place performance in 21:56.6
- A trio of Bulldogs followed in a close pack beginning with Hunter White (Sherborn, Mass.) finishing 25th (22:21.4), Ian Boudreau (Shirley, Mass.) in 26th place (22:21.8) and Yuriy Buttrick (Georgetown, Mass.) in 27th (22:32.8).
- Jabray Griffin (Orlando, Fla.) recorded a 42nd place finish, wrapping the course layout in 24:29.5.
- Sebastian Wisnivesky (Scarsdale, N.Y.) was the Bulldogs' final finisher in 47th place posting a time of 27:48.3.
Dean is back in action next Saturday when they take part in the Elms College Blazer Invitational at Chicopee State Park.