Score: Rhode Island College 5, Dean College 0
Records: Rhode Island College (5-6), Dean College (3-6)
Location: Longley Field, Franklin, Mass.
Date: Wednesday, October, 3 2018
Time: 3:30 PM
Despite a scrappy effort from the Dean College Bulldogs, the visiting Anchormen from Rhode Island College contolled play and converted their opportunities, defeating the hosts 5-0 at Longley Field on Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Anchormen got on the scoreboard in the fifth minute when Soleil Galagarza scored unassisted to give the visitors a 1-0 advantage.
- Back and forth action ensued for the next 27 minutes before forward Brttany Degrooth buried her first marker of the day (also unassisted) to give the visitors a 2-0 lead.
- Dean locked down the RIC offensive effort for the remainder of the half and trailed 2-0 at the halftime break.
- Degrooth struck again early in the second half, this time finishing a beautiful chip shot around Bulldog goaltender Jennifer Jacovino (Monroe, Conn.) off a feed from Breanne Ford.
- Olivia Capraro scored two goals, both assisted by Degrooth, six minutes apart to put the game out of reach.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Degrooth dominated the action, launching 14 shots (nine on goal) and scoring two goals while also dishing out two assists.
- Capraro chipped in two goals while Galagarza netted the other.
- Jacovino starred in the goal for the Bulldogs, making 25 saves.
Dean returns to action on Saturday as they host Eastern Nazarene at noon.