Score: Dean College 3, Masscahusetts Maritime 1
Records: Dean College (1-3), Massachusetts Maritime (0-3)
Location: Longley Field, Franklin, Mass.
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018
Time: 3:30 PM
Two goals scored five minutes apart gave the Bulldogs their first lead of the game late in the first half, and Dean rolled on to a 3-1 victory over visiting Massachusetts Maritime, earning their first win of the season and the first victory for new head coach Ashley Magruda- Wood.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Mass. Maritime got on the board first, scoring in the 27th minute when Madison Taylor (Longmeadow, Mass.) headed in a cross from Colleen Sullivan (Braintree, Mass.).
- Dean responded in the 39th minute when Allison Buckley (Guilford, Vt.) scored unassisted to level the score at one.
- Minutes later, freshman striker Miranda Seacord (Cambridge, N.Y.) scored her first goal of the game, netting a feed from sophomore Alison Nelson (Candia, N.H.) right before the halftime whistle.
- Seacord followed up with a goal early in the second half to give the Bulldogs some breathing room, this time connecting off a long through pass from Mackenzie Parisee (East Freetown, Mass.) and beating the Bucaneer keeper, Mikayla Houlihan (Middleboro, Mass.), to the far post.
- Maritime threatened late, putting multiple shots on goal as the time dwindled, but Bulldog goalie Macy Parisee (East Freetown, Mass.) and the rest of the Cardinal and White defense held strong to preserve the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Seacord's two goals were her first of the season, launching her into a tie with Buckley for the team lead.
- Mackenzie Parisee's assist gives her two on the season, good for the team lead.
- Macy Parisee's 17 saves led the way for Dean, earning her first victory of the year and totaling her 50 saves on the season. Houlihan made ten saves for the Bucaneers.
- Mass. Maritime led 26-20 in total shots and 5-3 in corner kicks, but the Bucaneers could not overcome the timely shooting from the hosts.
- Dean hosts Elms College on Saturday at noon in their first New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) contest of the season. Mass. Maritime travels to Fitchburg State for their conference opener, also on Saturday at noon.