Score: Saint Joseph 4, Dean College 0
Records: Dean College (0-2), Saint Joseph (2-0)
Location: Lippert Field, Franklin, Mass.
Date: Sunday, September 2, 2018
Saint Joseph's (Conn.) scored four first half goals and the visiting Blue Jays posted their second consecutive shutout with a 4-0 win over Dean College in non-league women's soccer action on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- USJ hopped on the scoreboard almost immediately as Melissa Lux (Plainville, Conn.) connected with Jessica Speazzano (Watertown, Conn.) just 2:51 into the contest.
- That advantage doubled in the 14th minute when Lux played distributor again, this time finding Sarah Palko (Southington, Conn.) for her first strike of the season at 14:04.
- The Blue Jays tacked on another score when they took advantage of some miscommunication and Olivia Norton (Berlin, Conn.) split a pair of Bulldog defenders and slipped a shot from inside the box into the back of the net for a 3-0 edge at 27:02.
- Dean's best scoring chance came in the 15th minute when Miranda Seacord (Cambridge, N.Y.) snuck behind a defender, but her shot with a defender on her hip and heading towards the goal went wide left.
- USJ added their fourth and final tally when Victoria Piechota (New Britain, Conn.) tapped home a rebound off of a Macy Parisee (East Freetown, Mass.) save at 41:53.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Blue Jays held sizable advantages in overall shots (34-8) and corner kicks (10-1).
- Megan Ricci (Center Moriches, N.Y.) made six stops to post her second shutout in as many games.
- Dean's netminders – Parisee and Jennifer Jacovino (Monroe, Conn.) – split time in between the pipes and combined for 11 saves.
- The Bulldogs are off until Thursday when they travel to Emmanuel for a 7:00 p.m. first touch.