Score: Dean 4, Anna Maria 1
Records: Dean (2-0); Anna Maria (0-1-1)
Location: Paxton, Mass. (AMCAT Field)
Date: Sunday, September 3, 2017
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Freshman Felipe Campos (Barnstable, Mass.) found the back of the net twice and Dean got goals from two others on their way to a convincing 4-1 win over Anna Maria in non-league men's soccer action on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Campos put the Bulldogs on the board first when he recorded the first collegiate strike of his career in the 14th minute.
- Dean then doubled its lead in the 28th minute when Yuri Mascarenhas (Quincy, Mass.) delivered his first tally of the year at 27:35.
- The AMCATS cut that lead in half less than four minutes later when Gift Kalombo set up Derrick Casey for the lone Anna Maria score at 30:46.
- Dean pushed its lead back to two goals before the first half ended when Pepe Vieira (Brockton, Mass.) found Campos for his second of the afternoon and Vieira's second assist of the year.
- Sam Fonseca (Fogo, Cape Verde), who came off the bench in Friday's season opener and nearly scored, did get on the board in the 82nd minute of Sunday's contest to close out the scoring.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Dean held a 27-10 edge in shots for the contest, including a whopping 17-3 advantage in the first half.
- Brendan Pacheco (Fall River, Mass.) got the start in goal for the visitors and made five saves to earn his first win of the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Dating back to last season, the Bulldogs have won eight of their last nine contests and have outscored their opponents 36-3 during that stretch.
- Dean is off until Saturday when they visit Clark University for a 12:00 p.m. first touch.